The world of wine can be a snobby and intimidating one, especially for those who know very little about the drink. It can be difficult to know which wine is the best to drink, and many sources out there are incredibly confusing – but that’s why we’re here to help! Wine doesn’t need to be intimidating. It can be accessible for all to enjoy, whether with friends and family or after a long week at work. And Chardonnay is the perfect wine for this. Scientists have found that the healthiest white wine is Chardonnay, so you can enjoy a nice glass at the end of a long week without worrying about your health!
Is Chardonnay a healthy wine?
All types of wine carry some kind of health benefits, and Chardonnay is no different. Of course, heavy alcohol consumption can lead to serious health problems, so Chardonnay should only ever be consumed in moderation. With this being said, Chardonnay is said to help with:
- Maintaining a healthy heart
- Reducing the risk of having a stroke
- Decreasing blood pressure
Although red wines are generally healthier than white wines like Chardonnay, Chardonnay does contain fewer calories per 5.25 oz (150 milliliters) serving.
Are there health benefits to drinking Chardonnay?
There are some health benefits to drinking Chardonnay:
- Antioxidants – antioxidants can fight cell damage caused by things such as lifestyle and aging. By preventing and reversing this damage, wine can potentially even reduce the risk of serious disease.
- Anti-Inflammatory – Inflammation in the body is linked to chronic diseases such as arthritis, diabetes, and heart and lung disease.
- Healthy Blood Vessels – The consumption of wine can also reduce cholesterol and plaque buildup in arteries. This reduction will aid in blood flow and heart health.
Is Chardonnay good for weight loss?
New research suggests that Chardonnay is indeed good for weight loss. According to researchers, the grapes that are used for making the wine were found to contain the highest amount of antioxidants than any other grapes. These antioxidants can help with weight loss as well as control diabetes and the buildup of cholesterol in arteries.
But as mentioned before: wine should only be consumed in moderation, no matter how great the health benefits maybe!
Can you drink Chardonnay on a diet?
It should be noted here that everyone’s body is different and will therefore respond differently to food and drink. Chardonnay can be drunk on a diet, but you should seek out tailored advice from a professional such as a doctor or a nutritionist.
With this being said, let’s take a look at the reasons why it is okay to drink on a diet:
- Wine contains no carbs, so if you’re on a no-carb diet, it’s the perfect drink to wind down with at the end of a long week!
- The calories are in the form of alcohol and contain 7 calories per gram. Most wines range between 12-15% alcohol by volume (ABV), meaning a calorie range of about 90-120 calories per serving. So no heavy pours!
Will Chardonnay make me gain weight?
Although some studies suggest that Chardonnay can help with weight loss, this is only when consumed in moderation. Like with any alcohol, Chardonnay can act as an appetite stimulant and trick your brain into thinking you’re hungrier than you actually are, inadvertently causing you to gain weight. It can also impair sleep and cause dehydration, both of which slow down metabolism.
With all the health benefits that come with drinking Chardonnay, it can be a healthy drinking experience! Who wouldn’t want to unwind after a long week of emails, meetings, and deadlines with a drink that can potentially lower your risk of having a stroke or developing diabetes? And although all of these health benefits are enticing, it is still important to remember that Chardonnay should only be drunk in moderation.